To clarify what this means: On the date your street is scheduled for this maintenance, you will not be able to be parked or drive on your street beginning 7am that morning and for a MINIMUM of 24 hours following.
Due to the disruption this will cause, there will be no residential trash pickup this week (7/20). If you do not have enough space in your bin(s) to hold out to next week’s collection, you are welcome to bring properly-bagged trash to the Dumpster behind City Hall.
If you need to use your vehicle on the scheduled day or the morning after your street is scheduled, the evening before you will need to move it to an adjacent street, to City Hall, or anyplace else you are able to make arrangements. No vehicles can be left on or driven on the street until the crew re-opens it for traffic. Also refrain from any outdoor watering or other activities that could put water or debris on the roadway while the sealant is curing. While walking to/from your vehicle we recommend you stay in the grass as much as possible — the street surface will be slippery then sticky for at least 12-16 hours.
Each east-west street is being done in one streetcorner to the next segments, on staggered schedules two days apart to allow time and places for residents to move cars. Since some of the colors on the graphic may be difficult to see, below is the street maintenance schedule. (Please note that all schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change in the event of rain.)
Monday 7/18 thru Tuesday morning (weather permitting):
- All addresses south of 49th Street except for Waukomis
- 49th Street, from 2010 NW 49th St then west to Waukomis
- 49th Terrace between Frontier and Northmoor
- 50th Street between Northmoor and Waukomis
- 50th Terrace between Frontier and Northmoor
Wednesday 7/20 thru Thursday morning:
- 49th Street from Frontier west to 2008 NW 49th St
- 49th Terrace between Northmoor and Waukomis
- 50th Street between Frontier and Northmoor
- 50th Terrace between Northmoor and Waukomis
Friday 7/22 thru Saturday morning:
- All north-south streets north of 49th Street (except Waukomis)
- Plus the southern section of Frontier (so, all of Frontier)
- 51st Street
- NOTE: Residents living between Northmoor and Frontier will not be trapped a second time during this phase. The east-west crossings at Northmoor will remain partially open to allow these residents a way in/out.
Monday 7/25 thru Tuesday morning:
- 51st Terrace
- All public streets west of Waukomis
Note: Waukomis will be open at all times, it is a state-maintained highway so not maintained by the city and is not part of this project.